Adult day care is more than just a convenient or affordable option or families who need help. It’s important to understand that Adult Day Care can actively improve the quality of life for your loved one.
What does Adult Day Care do for the attendee?
- Stabilize medical conditions and reduce hospitalizations
- Prevent secondary disabilities that result from excessive bed rest or inactivity
- Lead to improved ability to perform daily activities
- Increase self-esteem and dignity
- Improve, stabilize or slow the deterioration of cognitive functioning
- Increase verbal ability and mobility
- Elevate mood and improve behaviors
- Improve nutrition
- Lessen the impact of acute medical changes through monitoring and rapid intervention
- Provide opportunities for friendship and decrease the harmful effects of isolation and loneliness
- Provide them something to look forward to
- Foster a sense of belonging
- Create a feeling of belonging to a community
Of all of the caregivers of clients at AGE’s Adult Day Health Care Program, 97% Agree or Strongly Agree that: “Their family member benefits from the daily exercise and activities.” AGE works hard to provide the most compassionate, dynamic, client-centered experience possible for all families who entrust us to care for their loved ones.
To learn more about AGE’s Adult Day Health Care Centers, click here.