We honored many special volunteers at AGE’s Annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon on September 28. Volunteers from all five AGE programs gathered together for lunch, conversation, and an award’s ceremony. We are grateful for the dedicated volunteers that share their time and compassion with AGE and its clients.
Among the list of honorees were:
- Lynn Hill, leader of the ongoing AGE garden project, which has transformed our adult day center garden into a Certified Wildlife Habitat
- Rosemary Carpenter, a long-time health equipment lending program volunteer
- Jesse Moorhead and George Brown, two volunteers that facilitate AGE’s weekly memory loss support groups
- Roberta Przybylski, the volunteer Director of the AGE Computer Lab
- Joyce Wilson, the Volunteer Coordinator of the AGE Computer Lab
- and George Munley and Beth Menke, two longtime volunteers at the adult day center in Round Rock.
- The Volunteer of the Year, honored for outstanding service and commitment to serving our community of older adults and families, was Anne Stacy.
This event would not have been possible without the generous hospitality of the Village the Arboretum, who provided a venue, lovely decorations, attentive staff, and a delicious meal for our event.