AGE of Central Texas tackles the challenges of aging with expert solutions. We are dedicated to older adults and those who serve them. We provide five interrelated programs that serve people across the spectrum of aging: Adult Day Health Care, Caregiver Education and Resources, Early Memory Loss Support, the Health Equipment Lending Program, and peer-based computer classes for seniors.
Founded in 1986, by two visionary and dedicated leaders, Bert Kruger Smith and Willie Kocurek, AGE strives to be the leading source on aging in Central Texas.
- Adult day health care centers in both Austin and in Round Rock provide a safe, secure, and stimulating environment for adults who need assistance with daily living skills.
- AGE’s caregiver education and resources offers one-on-one counseling, information and referral, as well as educational events and support groups, for people who provide care to an aging or disabled adult.
- Early memory loss support offers an early intervention program for those with memory loss, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease; offering strategies, activities and support at no charge for people in the early stages of memory impairment and their caregivers.
- AGE’s health equipment lending provides durable medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, shower benches, canes, and other assistive devices to those in need at no cost.
- Peer-based computer classes provide basic computer training and coaching to older adults interested in finding out how technology can enhance their lives. Classes are taught by volunteer instructors in an on-site lab for very low cost on subjects ranging from basic skills to advanced photo and video editing.