Avoiding colds and flu this season is at the top of everyone’s list. Here are 14 tips to help you keep healthy and happy as compiled by medical experts who want to keep you out of their offices and safe at home and work.
1. Wash your hands often, including every time you shake someone’s hand.
2. Do not touch your nose and eyes.
3. Feeling bad? Go to bed and get some sleep.
4. Get a flu shot (you may need two this year with H1N1 widespread).
5. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
6. Exercise to enhance immune function.
7. Stay away from sneezers, coughers and sick people.
8. Use alcohol-based hand wipes often.
9. Stop smoking if you have not already done so.
10. Avoid ‘double dipping’ with chips or watch out for those who may be dipping double.
11. Use a purse that can be wiped down, like leather or vinyl.
12. No nail-biting.
13. Get happy!
14. Sneeze into the crook of your arm and not your hands.
To read why these 14 tips work, and get some tips on what to do if you are already sick, click here.